Friday, September 18, 2015

Hello!

I hope everyone was prepared for the back to school season. I know for me I couldn't wait for school to start. I was so excited to meet my new teachers, start classes and see my friends again. My favorite class this year would have to be chemistry, because of my passion for science. I'm not taking any AP or honors classes this year, but the one thing about SMA is that I am still accurately challenged even if I don't take AP or honors classes. I work hard in all my classes and they are just the right pace for me.

The best thing this week was the food lab in chemistry. We each had a partner and had to observe foods such as cookies, toast, soda and other foods. Unfortunately I had a small spill and my lab book got covered in oil from salad dressing! On the plus side, my lab book now smells olive oil, which is a nice scent. Another fun thing happening is my TA decided to collect money so we can make a trip to Costco to get lots of delicious foods to share! TA is our teacher advisor and a group of about 20 girls who we are with to support each other all four years. I love the TA I have, and throughout my years here at SMA we have built a great community.

I can't wait to see what junior year has in store for me, and all the new things I will experience!

-Natalie Dunlap




                                                            

Me and my friend Audrey                         Me after my Science Olympiad tournament this past spring









No comments:

Post a Comment